Tips and Recipe to Make an Impressive Pizza Crust
How Do I Know What I'm Talking About?
Ok, ok you're totally wondering why this pizza recipe is on BABY WISP right? This is Beena here - I posted a story on instagram yesterday showing my pizza and the requests for the recipe was easier to post here than to get back to everyone individually!
How I can tell you this is the best pizza crust recipe you need to try? - I'll give you 3 reasons:
1 - My father in law who is straight up from Italy, more cred - he owned a restaurant serving italian food for 25 years told me it was amazing! We've had pizza-offs LOL and my crust wins!!!
2 - I've tested probably about 25 other recipes and this one - never fails!
3 - Now that I have one of those OONI pizza ovens - this one if you wanted to see which oven. My crust looks fantastic!
Don't you hate scrolling through ads to get to the dang recipe? Well, no ads - I'm not sponsored, I had such a good time chatting with everyone on my instagram story (@babywisp) yesterday and I live up to my word to share this recipe! Here it is!!! ENJOY!
- Loosely cover with plastic and let rise another 45 minutes on the pizza pan before adding toppings.
- Drop on all your pizza toppings on and drizzle olive oil on the outer ring of crust (or it will stick) and bake for about 17 minutes or until until golden.
- TIP: You will be transferring this to the peel when ready to top- so make sure enough flour on bottom.
- You cannot top the pizza and let it sit. You can only top it when it is ready to go in oven. Make sure it is adequately floured on both sides or no hope. It will stick to your pizza oven stone and be a fiery mess! How do I know this? HAHAHA!! Yes, from experience. :)
- TIP: Hand pressing out the dough creates that look you want with the edges so it doesn't look like frozen pizza!
Photos To Help You See How it Should Look
Spread it out with your hands, not a roller. Don't use too many toppings. When I over do it, then it is never as good. This one here is just bacon and gorgonzola! I sprinkled a little shredded mozza on to fill the gaps. Not much.
I have done, gorgonzola and pineapple for my vegetarian friends and they love it!
This one below is pesto and mozzarella. Look at that puffy crust!
Another tip - don't let it sit on a plate or cutting board to get soggy. I always put it on baking racks!
The pesto I use is the Kirkland Pesto from the fridge section. I was about to add "when I don't make it from scratch"...hahaha kidding...but have made pesto from scratch like 3x in my life so I won't pretend about it!
Look at this crust again! I just wanna eat it all over again. Let me know how it goes for you and if this was helpful. Thank you for all the DMs yesterday and today, I truly enjoy chatting with my people. Join me if you're not there already @babywisp <3